Green Roofs - A Guide to Their Design and InstallationBK0118
Environmentally friendly buildings are a must for a more sustainable future. Among the many new ideas for buildings are green roofs. But what is a green roof? How do they work? Why are individuals and businesses installing them? How do you install and maintain a green roof?
Green Roofs – A Guide to Their Design and Installation is a guide to the process of designing and installing a green roof so even if you don’t have the professional skills to install one yourself you’ll know what kind of professional skills you’ll need to employ.
* Introduces the range of green roofs available, from the small garden shed to towering skyscrapers
* Discusses the role of the green roof as part of an overall greening of a building and landscape
* Advises on types of vegetation to be grown and maintenance required, and warns of problems that can be encountered
* Analyses the green roof movement, reports on its success thus far and looks to the future
* Describes residential and business case studies from across the world
144 pages, paperback
Author: Angela Youngman.