The Energy Efficient Home
Patrick Waterfield (Author)
Reducing our home energy consumption and costs is an issue of ever-increasing importance.
This non-technical book, packed full of useful information and tips, covering every aspect of the efficient consumption of energy in the home.
The book covers the following and much more:
- The position of the dwelling, its method of construction and the material used
- Energy ratings and the legal framework
- Insulation and U-values
- Windows and doors
- Conservatories, sunrooms and loft conversions
- Heating and hot-water systems
- Lighting and making the best use of the daylight
- Renewable energy technologies
- Appliances, gadgets and housekeeping
- Wider environmental issues
About the Author
Patrick Waterfield has a background of academic research, specialising in passive solar design, and has worked promoting best practice in energy-efficient design of buildings and services. Dr Waterfield is a Chartered Engineer and Fellow of the Energy Institute and has recently completed his own 'passive house'.