Building with Lime: A practical introduction1819710
Lime has been used in building for thousands of years and, used well, it continues to be the best and most versatile binder in the world. Building with Lime is an invaluable source of practical advice for those considering lime as a building material, and a general reference to the broad range of uses for lime in construction. It shows how to make the best use of different types of lime, whether extracted locally or transported from further afield.
* Designed for builders, architects, surveyors, engineers and manufacturers around the world and for those maintaining old buildings
* Clear explanation of all the major uses of lime in building, including mortars and plasters, painting and finishes, ceiling and foundations, repair, maintenance and conservation
* How to recognize limestone, carry out field tests and meet national standards
* Numerous examples, line illustrations and photographs
* Other sources of information and help, including an extensive glossary, bibliography, helpful appendices and index
* The new larger page size, improved layout and essential updating of this revised edition make Building with Lime the "lime bible."